Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Day 36/37/38 - Lots of going!


I am behind on my days! The kiddos all got over their sicknesses so we have been going, going, going ever since!

Let me do some catch up!

Day 36 was pretty much the best deployment day, yet! The kids LET me sleep in. I got up and made them waffles for breakfast and set them up with some stuff to do and then went back to bed and finally caught up on some sleep! Then for the rest of the morning and afternoon I chose to have "mommy time" in my room. They were so great in letting that happen! Late that afternoon we attended our second Operation Faithful Support. More on that in a bit!

Day 37 the kids were out of school. Luckily for me we went to the gym early. The rest of the day the kids made up for being so well behaved the last few days. I think they thought they needed to restore the balance of good and evil! It was a trying day to say the least and it left me hating federal holidays were school is excused!!

Day 38 EL and I took a little trip to a friends for coffee this morning and then attended an FRG meeting tonight. It was GREAT to get to see everyone and reconnect with girls I haven't seen since the last one! Two pretty cool things came out of the meeting!

First, my friend finished this sign I ordered from her! Super creative girl! She even added Rucker and Bragg. You know that saying - "If you build it they will come"? Well I told her if she makes it we will go! Here is a link to her blog if any of my Army friends want to check her out!

Secondly, we got these "Daddy Dolls" for free! They have a photo slot on the face where we can put Daddy's picture! The kids were excited and ran around the house saying, "I have a Daddy"! Too funny!

Now, back to day 36 and Operation Faithful Support. Every month we have a session with them and this months was titled "What if's verses What IS"! Most of Army wives can get caught up at some point in the "what if's". Even during "dwell" or non-deployment times. What IF my husband doesn't come home? What IF we don't get reimbursed? What IF my husband doesn't make the promotion list this go round? What IF my guy comes back mentally unstable? What IF the kids forget him? What IF he doesn't miss me? What IF the Army moves us to the middle of nowhere Alaska and I freeze to death? And just to keep it real because we do "What IF" this one as well - What IF he comes home and doesn't love me anymore? I consider myself a realist! M2 considers me "negative nelly"! I have a long list of "What if's" and I recite them religiously! He says we will be going to A next and I will think of the worst place and claim that is where we are going! My idea is that if I think the worse and the worse happens - I am so prepared. BUT if I think the best and the worse happens then life is going to suck! Meanwhile all this time I am consuming thinking the worse I am not living in the best of now! I LOVED this revelation! Just this past week, M2 told me he still has one more "gate" to get through to officially get in the program he is working toward. I was under the assumption we were all the way in! He says he told me all about this second "gate" but in reality he just said A&S a couple of times in a sentence. Acronyms are not the best way to pass on vital information to your spouse, FYI! A&S happens to stand for Accessions and Selections. Something he will have to attend - like a final audition. Automatically I went to "What IF you don't get it?"! "Why would you say that?" was the response from him! This A&S is like a year away still. So I can spend the next 12 months worrying an ulcer into my stomach over the "what if's" of the situation OR enjoy the time until then without worrying!

THANK YOU OPERATION FAITHFUL SUPPORT!
(At this point I know M2 is thinking, "WHAT? - they get credit when I have been telling you this for YEARS?"! I love you!)

"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34

1 comment:

  1. That was a great post about the "What Ifs"...you know that we are going through roughly the same thing and I loved the verse at the end. I need to cut that out of vinyl and put it somewhere in the house!

    Second, thank you for the shoutout!! I am so glad that you like it!!

    ReplyDelete