Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Day 24 - A Good Cry!

Everybody could benefit from a good cry every once in awhile. I once learned the science behind why crying helps our bodies and minds heal - but that was years ago in a college biochemistry class that I spent day dreaming about this soldier in basic training... hence the reason I am here blogging.

Since I did not retain an ounce of "smarts" after giving birth (hard to believe it but I was actually pretty intelligent before they came along) - I will have to wing this! (Chemistry folks quit reading right now as I am sure I am about to butcher your science!)

Crying simplified:
1. Stress builds up "baddies" in our bodies.
2. Our bodies start to break down and our immunity can become compromised when "baddies" peak in our system.
3. Our bodies create tears to flush the "baddies" out.
4. Other good things are created while the tears are forming.
5. Those good things ease our bodies and minds.
6. The end. (#6 was for my PWOC bible study girls)

I haven't actually had a good cry in awhile now (lots of minor ones, but they don't count). I can feel my body saying it is time to cry.... but nothing happens. I hate that. I think of the saddest thing I can think of (not like I need anything sadder than being miles away from the one I love). That didn't work. I watched a sad movie (Charlie St. Cloud). That didn't work. It wasn't even really that sad - wasted hours!

In desperation, I found the saddest song I could think of and created a Pandora radio station around it. Oh the tears!

I recommend everyone cry it out when things get tough ... but 3/1 ladies ... if you Pandora a station around "Here without you" by Three Doors Down --- don't do it from your blackberry while driving :)!





No comments:

Post a Comment