Sunday, February 6, 2011

Day 21 & 22 - Another week down!

Obviously I am sort of failing on the "every day" part of this blogging thing. That was bound to happen when there are sick kids and sick computers involved!

The sick kid was feeling better yesterday so we ventured out to the mall. The mall happens to be an hour away, remember that fact further on down the blog! A friend of mine decided to follow me up there since we were both looking for the same thing - a pair of Toms! When I decided to take the kids to the mall I think I must have been suffering still from lack of sleep. Who takes 3 kids into a mall by themselves? I made it all the way from the car to about 3 steps into the Sears door before I decided if I didn't get a stroller I'd definitely lose a child! Zoomed on over to the baby section in sears and grabbed a stroller that looked like EL would fit in. Of course it was in a box marked "Adult assembly required". When I checked out I asked the lady if she didn't mind letting me open it right there and assemble it and leave the trash with her. I think she saw the desperation in my eyes - that or she heard my 3 children acting crazy. I have never assembled anything so fast. I am sure that this stroller was the only reason we made it out alive. After spending several hours in the mall I am almost sure when we were leaving out the doors I heard a collective sigh of relief from everyone inside.

As soon as I got home I checked the computer to see if there happened to be any word from M2 only to realize the battery was not working and refused to charge. This is a life or death situation for the spouse of a deployed soldier. I felt frantic. Of course, the only Apple store anywhere around happened to be in the same exact mall I had just celebrated making it out of. We loaded back up in the car and traveled all the way back ... super frustrating but in the end so worth it since the nice man gave me a free battery!

Today has been nice and relaxing! Got to skype with M2 and took the kids to see a Yogi Bear on post for free! Super un-eventful nice day :)!

Take a look at this awesome present my sis got for the kids and I!

We get to eat with Daddy every night! M2 those are roasted radishes and turnips - not that I am trying to rub it in :)!

Also - here are some more notes from around the house!

I miss you making my coffee, too!

1 comment:

  1. Roasted radishes and turnips and they ATE them?? Wow girl, I am in awe...

    ReplyDelete