Monday, February 14, 2011

Day 29/30 - Valentine's Day!


Just a small glimpse of my awesome Valentine's Day!

First, I had some of this great chocolate goat cheese that my CSA gave out for V-day, for breakfast!

Then, M2 took me out to Cake Flour where he had a hard time choosing between the sweet or savory scones! They were so nice though to let him work behind the counter!

He chose the sweet blackberry!
And we all enjoyed some time together at the Cake Flour tables! Yes, it was WARM enough to enjoy our treats outside!

M2 was soo sweet and decided that I am not a girl to be bought with flowers that wilt and chocolate that will go to my hips, so he took me to the shoe store!
And bought me these awesome boots that I have been eyeing for well over 4 months!

Let's make this clear. I am not one of those girls who thinks Valentine's Day is all about me. I decided I would take him somewhere as well! We strolled on over to the Apple store. I wanted to show M2 how awesome it would be to have a desk job where he sat behind a computer not in a war zone (hint hint, m2)!

And these Apple employees thought he was the coolest! They are ready to help him get hired!


So, it was a wonderful Valentine's Day! To top all the fun off I came home to a Valentine's Day card in the mail. This is an amazing feat only made possible by God alone! It takes around 3 weeks to get mail. M2 mailed his card out to me last week. We both expected it would be later than V-day since I still have not gotten letters he mailed out from Kyrgystan almost a month ago! But there it was - that red envelope in MY mailbox posted "Free mail" proving it actually came from the A-stan! Amazing!

We love you M2! Thanks for being "here" today!


2 comments: