Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Day 18 - Ahti Heinla, Priit Kasesalu and Jaan Tallinn, you are my heroes!

I don't really know who those people are but they co-wrote the software for Skype! I love Skype. Instead of paying an outrageous amount to call me on the phone, M2 can call me via Skype for absolutely free. I love free things! He still has to deal with long MWR lines to get access to a computer he can Skype on but when he has the time he does it and it is wonderful. Mostly for him. I like hearing his voice but I still can't see him :(! He can see me though and I know that means a lot to him. We usually plan these Skype times so that he doesn't stand in line for 45 minutes and I am not around but sometimes he just surprises me - and ALWAYS that happens when I have not put on makeup, go figure!

Today I got to Skype with M2. It was a VERY nice Skype session. (Minus the part where he said, "I like your sweater, where'd you get it, 1985?" ~ Yep, I just told the world how mean you are!)

There is a 30 minute time limit but today when it was over M2 said he would stand in line again because he wanted to still be able to talk to me some more. I was so thankful to him. Sometimes I get caught up with how lonely I am here and how much we miss him that I forget he is JUST as lonely if not more. He doesn't have 3 little pieces of me following him around to keep him company, to hug him, to kiss him, to make him smile with their funny antics when he is sad. Days like today remind me of that - the times when it is he that hesitates to say goodbye.

I miss you, M2. I am relieved to know you are missing me as well :)!






1 comment: