Friday, February 18, 2011

Day 34 - Being Daddy


First off, my blog decided to rearrange itself on its own. That's exactly why I do not like computers, they always end up to be smarter than me! Bare with me as I try to figure this thing out!

On to today's post! I am so proud of myself. I took out some time to be "Daddy" to my son. I think it did wonders. Before this deployment he was my calm child. The one we never had problems out of. So he has been the surprise difficult child since Daddy left.

I think I failed to post that before he got sick I was at the mall with a friend and after walking around for over an hour he sat down and licked the bottom of his shoe. My friend and I joked at the time about how sick he was going to get. It's not funny anymore. Once a few years ago on a New Year's Eve he sat down on the commissary floor and licked the floor. He got an awful bacterial thing in his tummy that made him VERY sick! So, this morning when I went into his room and pulled back the sheets and saw he had been sleeping with the RECENTLY used plunger, I screamed as if I had just pulled the sheets back on a dead body. The whole story came out that yesterday he took it from the bathroom to play "Mario" with EL. They were plunging each other's faces. And YES they licked it. Maybe you remember EL licking her headband that was all over the ER floor. She's sick now, too.

Needless to say, I was not feeling very loving towards my son today. But this afternoon I sat him down and decided to help him build a new lego robot thingy. These things are complicated. On the box it says 7-12 years old. I think that means you have to be between those ages. Any younger, any older and you are screwed. It took FOREVER!! But I got to see that smile he has when he would sit and build with Daddy. For that time he was calm and responsive and helpful! He was my precious 5 year old again and I loved it. For the past 2 hours I have heard him in his room going "pew pew pew"! That's his imaginary shooting noises. I once started to think this was Adam's original form of communication before Eve came along because B hardly ever just talks. It's always some grunting noises like that and M2 always understands them!

Here's some cool pictures of the new lego thingy (I have NO idea what it's called!).

It may not look hard to most of you but it was actually 47 pieces! And yes Scott if you read this, I know that must seem like a VERY small amount to you!

And here's the boy! He set this up and wanted Daddy to see. No worries though, all of the lego men made it out alive!

Today turned out to be pretty decent! Everyone seems to be on the mend and I think if we can keep the licking down to a minimum we might actually stay well!

2 comments:

  1. By the time your kids grow up, their immune system will be so strong, nothing will make them sick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i personally love the lego men's arms...ha ha ha! i love your family.

    ReplyDelete