Saturday, February 12, 2011

Day 28 - More in love

Deployments do have bonuses! Tonight I really felt like blogging about a super positive thing that occurs with deployments for most people!

You know the old saying, "Distance make the heart grow fonder"? This has always been very true for us during deployments. I feel more in love with M2 now that we are 7000 miles apart than I did a month ago when he was laying next to me. This same thing happened last deployment and the good thing is that it continued after he came home. What we built up while he was away lasted. I anticipate the same this time. Don't get me wrong - I love M2 whether he is here or there but for some reason after he has been gone about a month I start to remember all of the reasons I first loved him.

It's like new love all over! You know, the goosebumps when he calls, the smiling randomly just from thinking his name, the butterflies in your tummy right before the video chat connects, my pulse racing as I rip open the letter from the mailbox ... it's great!

There isn't a moment that M2 does not cross my mind in some capacity. And at the most random times I will think of what he would say if he were here and I smile. Sometimes those smiles catch me off guard and I find myself weeping over his absence. Yet, a good weeping. The kind that happens at weddings and births. The tears that come with the realization that you have never been more content than in that moment.

I am so very thankful of the man that God has given me. He is an awesome husband, father and friend. I am so proud of all he has accomplished and of the man that he is becoming. It is a weird feeling to be so physically distant yet so very much together. And I have no doubt that he will read this and feel exactly the same! That's the greatest feeling ~ knowing how much you are loved back!

M2 - I found the note in the pantry today that says, "Thoughts of you make my days better"! I cried so very much for you! Thoughts of you make my day better, too! Thank you for being who you are! You are truly an amazing man! I am blessed!

Something extremely special grows between M2 and I with separation. And while I would take him next to me over anything in the world. It is nice to know that something so great can grow out of this experience that is, for the most part, not so great.

1 comment:

  1. I know how you feel! With Steven's crazy schedule, some days I only get to see him for two minutes at a time.....today I did get 30 minutes. It does make me love him more and appreicate the time we have together more. I don't think we would have lasted as long as we have if he worked a "regular" 8-5 job...or I think I would take things he does and the time we have for granted more often.

    ReplyDelete