Thursday, February 3, 2011

Day 19 - One tired mommy!

I have just calculated by back reading my blogs that I experience this overwhelming fatigue approximately once every 6 days. Today is that day. I am super tired.

My day started super early with an 8 am doctor's appointment for one child which I then had to rush from straight over to my Bible study group that meets every Thursday (PWOC). I almost didn't go because I knew the day was going to be VERY long and I was already feeling the fatigue set in. I am thankful I went anyways. Spending time with that group of girls always happens to be the highlight of my week. It's refreshing. I always leave with a better perspective on my day. Sometimes, like today, I just lose that perspective somewhere between the chapel door and my home :(.

After Bible study I always have to rush to beat "B's" bus to my house. Thankfully I made it today and got him sent off to school. I think it was pretty pointless though because as soon as I waved goodbye I realized in order to make it to the next doctor's appointment of the day, an hour away, I would have to go pick them up in about an hour from the time I put him on the bus! Thankfully a friend of mine watched my two oldest while I drove up to the appointment and to pick up our CSA drop that we missed yesterday. By the time I got to that appointment I was exhausted so when the receptionist informed me that they no longer had my referral and so we could not be seen - I was less than nice to her :(.

That's what tired does to you. It transforms you into a monster. Someone unrecognizable! Your "sweetie, I am going to remind you again that I do not want you leaving the plane you built out of legos on the living room floor where someone might step on it" turns into "I see this plane here ONE. MORE.TIME and I will break it into a million pieces - test me and see"!

I ended my evening with the kids feeling sorry for myself. IF M2 were home he could have done some of the things that needed to be done today. We are an excellent team. When I am tired, he picks up the pace a bit. I miss that. A lot.

The irony in the way I felt this evening is that I left that Bible study with the perspective that I needed to not focus inwardly as much as I have been. The great thing is I have a written order telling me it's ok to fail!

Before I set down to write this - I found another note (I have found 20 something so far). This one said, "I believe in you!". It was stuck to the laundry table, under that massive mound of angry laundry that now no longer exist :)!

M2 - I believe in you, too!

1 comment:

  1. The notes are awesome, props to the man! I believe in you too!! :)

    ReplyDelete