Sunday, March 27, 2011

Day 68-71 - Backlogged

This past week has been one of the hardest weeks with the kids! I think they have gone into full mutiny mode! I need someone who has lived this military life for awhile and now has grown children to tell me that they will turn out fine! Right now I have my doubts as to how I will pull them back in from complete rebellion.

A friend suggested it might have been the weather and I sure hope she was right because I can not take many more days of children screaming "no" in my face. Even M2 was a little shocked to hear his eldest talking to me the way she was today. He skyped and was able to tell them they needed to obey and go clean their rooms since when I told them they screamed "noooo"!! After he told E that she would go right then and clean her room she teared up as she was leaving the computer. I reached out to grab her hand and asked her why she was upset and the response was a jerking the hand away and "just let me go clean my room" in a tone I vividly remember from my own teens. She's 7.

They went to their rooms for a good hour and returned with smiles and let me know the rooms were clean. For a split second I reverted to an amateur mother and let them have a snack before checking the rooms. Of course they hadn't cleaned them!! A couple of rounds of discipline later and at least now I can walk through the rooms. Although I come to find out that first hour was spent eating a bag of cough drops they had stolen off the kitchen counter! I have threatened before, "You will go to bed right now with no supper if ..." but have never had to follow through. Let's just say that right now I have 2 sleeping children with possible rumbling tummies! I don't feel too bad though since their lie about the rooms being cleaned resulted in a pretty decent snack not so long ago.

All of this was to say - I am EXHAUSTED as a mother and a father and I really do not want the duel role much longer. 70 days was long enough for me! Can I please have my husband back now?!

The good thing is that on day 69 I was able to drop them off at daycare for 4 hours and go to a great MWR (Morale, Welfare and Recreation) event. Dueling pianos! That night was exactly something I needed to be able to refuel a bit and keep moving on! At the end of this week we start our Spring Break! I am going to the most relaxing place I have ever been to - my grandparents porch looking toward the beach!

Week please go by without incident for me :)!!

M2 - I have never missed you as much as I do today!! I love you ......

No comments:

Post a Comment