Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Day 45 - When times are hard

I am not going to link this post to FB. I feel like if you read this enough then you will read it. I want to limit comments on my FB wall for this one post.

This has been a very hard week and it is only Tuesday. M2's unit saw it's first set of casualties over the weekend, including a fatality.

War is a very ugly thing.

I recently read this quote and I feel like sharing it for this occasion.

"It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."

I really like this quote. I wish I could tell you who said it but let me just be honest here and tell you I FB stalk! And I read this on someone else's FB page. I am a little disappointed that he did not have the author listed. Shame on him.

It has been a long couple of days. If you read this, please be in prayer for M2's unit, the Soldiers, and the families.

6 comments:

  1. praying always for the aches and pains that plague and penetrate those hearts touched by this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Theodore Roosevelt said it.

    Praying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lord, be with M2 and his men. Cover them with Your protection. Help them to handle whatever they are having to face. Let them feel Your presence with them at all times. Trusting in You, Lord. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ps 31:23..........Father, I thank You that Matthew is faithful,

    Ps 31:23..........and that You preserve him.

    Eph 2:10...........He is Your workmanship created in Christ Jesus,

    Heb 13:21.........and equipped in every good thing to do Your will.

    Heb 13:21..........Work in him that which is well-pleasing in Your sight.

    2Cor 9:8............Let all grace abound toward him, having sufficiency in all things,

    2Cor 9:8...........and an abundance for every good work.

    Deut 28:2..........That all blessings come upon him and overtake him,

    Deut 28:2..........because he obeys the voice of his God.

    1Cor 2:10..........reveal the deeper things of God to him by Your Spirit.

    1Pet 5:2...........Shepherding the flock willingly, eagerly, and being an example to them.

    Deut 31:6..........He is strong and of good courage for You, Lord, go with him.

    Ps 27:14...........He waits on You, and You strengthen him in his heart.

    Ex 17:11............I lift up my friend and cover him

    Heb 12:24..........with the blood of Jesus.

    Isa 54:17...........I say that no weapon formed against him will prosper,

    Isa 54:17...........and every tongue rising against him shall be shown to be in the wrong.

    Acts 6:4............as he continually gives himself to prayer

    Psalm 31:9........Show mercy on these troops

    Psalm 147:3......and help heal their hearts.

    John 14:27.....Give them peace

    Isaiah 49:13....and comfort.

    2Thessalonians 2:16-17.....Comfort the families that support these troops.

    Jeremiah 31:13......and give them JOY!

    In the name of the Lord that knows the beginning, middle, and end...AMEN

    (I borrowed this prayer from Jenny O. and edited/added to it for M2. Love you both...On my knees.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Somehow I ended up on your blog about 2 weeks ago. I've since added it to my Google Reader and I read your stories everyday. My baby brother is in the military (but has yet to be deployed). Even though I've never met you or your family, and your posts here are all I know about you, I feel like I'm connected to you somehow. Know that I pray for you, your family, M2 and his unit often.

    ReplyDelete