Monday, March 14, 2011

Day 58 - A Story for Lucie

E's aunt recently sent her a spiral notebook to write in. She was thrilled! Along with it came a request to write a story about a spinning princess. She was horrified! Never before has she been asked specifically to write something. She agonized for days. I explained to her that she could just relax and it would come to her. A few nights ago, WAY past the time she was suppose to be asleep she came tromping into the living room with her story. I couldn't get mad at her for not sleeping :)!

I asked if I could share it here and she was excited to say yes!

A Princess Named Lily

(Chapter 1)

Once there was a little girl named Lily. Lily was a princess. Her dad had to fight his brother the mean king. The nice king and the princess's favorite thing to do was to spin and fall down.

One day, Lily really missed her dad and had an idea. She started to spin. She spun three times and did not notice that she had spun into the room that her mom and dad said not to go in. She felt cold, cool air. She was in the woods. She saw a lot of sliced branches. The she saw a troll. She said hi. Then the troll said "Hi my name is Bob . If you are wondering who made this mess it was a monster. It went that way". The troll pointed to a place where a lot of branches were cut. "Thanks" she said. She walked that way and saw a fighter heading her way. It was an injured man. She could not see his face because he was wearing a mask. Then he said to her, "Can you send a note to my daughter and tell her I am alright?" The princess was surprised. "My dad's in the army too, did you see him?" "But I was the only one that went to war" the man said. "What?" said the princess. "What's your daughter's name?" The man said, "Lily". Then she blurted out, "DADDY"!!

And that's the end of chapter one. She said she is adding another chapter but it will have to wait. She also wants me to write that she really hopes Lucie likes it ;)! She is dedicating that spiral notebook just to Lily's adventures.

She has a very hard time with make believe writing. She has a hard time with making up her own make believe period. As a small kid she could make believe for HOURS (just ask her Uncle Roo) but it would have to follow something from a movie she had just seen. Usually a Disney Princess film starring Roo as the prince. She didn't really ever just sit and play with baby dolls or anything like that. It wasn't until we set down with the second psychologist to diagnose her with Aspergers and talked that we realized she hadn't really ever just pretend played without a script of some kind being involved. She can write about her feelings in various ways for days! But i think the lack of imagination is what she was struggling with when writing this. I see a combination of 2 books she has read recently and at least one movie in the story, YET I also see her feelings bleeding out! One day, when this deployment stuff is over, I would like to write a blog about the joys and struggle of raising E! Lucky for me, there are WAY more joys!

On another note, we are fast approaching the 60 day mark! Somedays I can't believe it - others I feel all the days bearing down on me. I am tired and ready for a MUCH needed vacation! I just so happened to have one planned too! I am very excited to slow down the pace of life for a week! Now the mission is to make it to that week!

Thanks again to ALL of you for your AWESOME support!


No comments:

Post a Comment