Monday, January 31, 2011

Day 16 - It's hard being 3!


Today was a pretty swell day!

I was able to get things going early and make it to the gym for a gruesome workout with my trainer. I think because I canceled on him last week, due to sick kids, he was angry at me because he made me run 36 flights of stairs. After that I was too tired to worry or stress about anything!

The gym is probably one of my favorite places and also one of the MOST relaxing as well. Not because I like to work out either but because they have child care! It's 2 hours without anyone yelling, "Mommy"! Someone once saw me bring in my shower gear and asked me why in the world would I take a shower there when I didn't live that far. They didn't have 3 kids so they didn't know but that shower was the most relaxing shower I have had in a long time! Who cares it's gross and small and dark ... you are guaranteed unlimited hot water and not having to jump out and run across the house because someone climbed up on the dresser and fell off. Then later that same day you look in the mirror and wonder why your hair is so oily only to remember you never jumped back IN the shower to rinse the conditioner out. It's totally the small things in life, like the gym shower, that will get me through this deployment!

The gym childcare has a huge window where you can sit and watch your kids. I looked in on them once this morning and saw EL running around doing her potty dance just in time to run in and get her to the restroom. Every since Daddy has left, poor EL has started the process of un-potty training herself. It has been a rough year for her. She potty trained this summer and then as soon as Daddy left for a month long training stint, she un-potty trained. I tried my hardest to keep her in undies but that fateful day when she peed on the floor at daycare and then while they were cleaning it up, before they re-dressed her, she went to the other side of the room and pooped ... well that did it in. I was told to never bring that child back in there without a pull up! When Daddy came home again she re-potty trained. No accidents. Now, well she is like a new puppy marking their territory in every room.

Most of my day is spent trying to not get aggravated with EL because three is a hard age. Yet, every night she finds a way to make my heart glow. Tonight I was asking her to hurry up and let Mommy help her put on her PJ's. Frustrated that she was playing and not helping me put her arm in the sleeve I asked her, "Please "EL" we need to hurry so we can watch Daddy read our bedtime stories". She responded with, "It's ok Mommy, Daddy will wait on me"!



Who wouldn't that make smile (:!

2 comments:

  1. i am a WAAAAAYYYY better mom b/c of the gym! :) hang in there lady. L.O.V.E. the blog.

    ReplyDelete