Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Day 4 - Random Days

Today was a pretty random day. Lots of random happenings and overall delightful. I cannot talk to M2 on the phone or skype right now but I think he can get online so I am hoping he will have a chance to read about my random day - I think he would appreciate some of the small things in my day, like watching a friend actually roast her own coffee beans! M2 - you only thought you were a coffee brewing fanatic. You need to meet someone when you get back! The coffee definitely had a different/better taste!

Every Wednesday we drive an hour to the other side of Louisville and pick up our weekly CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) box. Full of yummy local produce, meats, cheeses, milk, honey, canned items, eggs, and soup! For the past year, Wednesday has been our big family day. M2 would take off from work early and we would all head to Louisville! We get our CSA box, then pick up a treat from our favorite bakery. Then we go to a grocery there and get the little things we may need and have supper in their deli. Along the way today, at each stop, someone asked me where M2 was. It was nice to know that we have made so many connections and those people care! You'll never get that in Walmart :)! Even though we were all having a great day, it was sad sitting down to eat with one less. He loves to get sushi - so that's what I ate!

On the long drive back home "E" got to tell me ALL about her day. I made this little video representing a conversation that took place between "EL" and "E" during the ride. The program generates the characters - so ignore that E has a man's voice and EL has a very strange costume on! And a little background on my youngest. At the early age of 3 she is more sarcastic than most adults and has a WEIRD humor. I attribute it to the fact that I was in COMPLETE shock when I found out we were expecting her - I was at my best friends house when I found out and Matt was continents away (go figure) and the friend consoled me with "I'll take her!" Obviously, the shock wore off and I have never been happier than when that "chunky monkey" (she claimed that nickname for herself) came into my life. All of that to say, the friend who claimed her is REMARKABLY similar. Matter of fact - that 3 year old has the closest personality to that woman than anyone I have met! Weird.

M2 - I know this will make your day!

This was a VERY random posting!

3 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Josh and I are laughing so hard! I think my favorite part is the cynical laugh at the end! I love that girl. And it is not weird that EL is like me....it is a wonderful thing. Embrace it. Josh and I will be quoting this for years to come. Fox's eat people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you liked the coffee. That video is great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That video is cracking me up. I like it when she says "What are you talking about? You are not making any sense.". I've heard that line once or twice myself. Haha!

    ReplyDelete