Sunday, January 23, 2011

Day 8 - discouraged


I am feeling a little discouraged today.
I am actually dealing with some emotions I am not use to.
A big one being envy.

Today I found myself feeling very envious of those wives who are getting calls/emails, etc. It hasn't even been that long since I have heard from M2. The problem is I didn't hear from him when he said I would. I am not new to this and I actually feel embarrassed in a sense that I feel this way. Because not hearing for a few days is nothing. I planned on keeping these emotions bottled up and not sharing because I feared being mocked. Yet, my desire for this thing is to be authentic. I want this to be a place where someone can come and read and see that we all share these emotions - even if we don't want to admit them.

All of our husband have differing jobs, some can communicate more, some less. I have told myself that I am going to be thankful when anyone is able to communicate - even if I can't. It is the right thing to do. But telling ourselves how we should feel doesn't always make us actually feel that way. That would be too easy. If I said to you today I was grateful you were able to talk with your spouse - honestly, I lied. Because today that is not really how I felt. I will tell you that more than likely I will wake up tomorrow and really be grateful for you. But today, in my discouraged, sinful state, I am not.

So, here I am being genuine in my weakness.
I am not perfect. I lost it crying on the phone today with a friend who didn't see it coming. She was very gracious. I am thankful for that. These are the days when having great, understanding friends can make the difference!

I was grateful that a guy in M2's unit was able to post this picture of my dear husband today.



I miss you!

Tomorrow is a new day!




4 comments:

  1. Sweet girl- thank you so much for sharing!! I remember having those same frustrations. It is so good to be able to vent!! Hang in there and keep sharing!! You are loved!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angela, I understand, I really do. The two previous deployments were really, really tough with communication.

    Now that Matt is there, I am sure that he will be able to talk more. Joe said that they are EXTREMELY busy and are working 17-18 hour days. When he does call, he is about to go to sleep and is super tired.

    I think that once the other unit goes home, lines will be freed up for more communication.

    Hang in there girl and know that I am here to yell at, cry with, etc.!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks girls! I already feel better. As soon as I let it out and let it go I felt better.

    AND I finally got an email tonight, Robyn. He said he was working round the clock since he stepped onto the FOB trying to learn his job since the guy he is replacing is leaving VERY soon ~ I thought of his family and how long they have waited to see him. Perspective always makes things easier.

    I am glad I could vent my frustrations and that there are understanding, sympathetic ears!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey friend. Thanks for being honest and thanks for coming over.

    ReplyDelete