Friday, January 21, 2011

Day 6 - Snow Day Gone Good!


The phrase "snow day" should be considered vulgar! When Mommy is already tired a snow day is the last thing she needs. Today was a snow day! I anticipated a horribly long day with cabin fever kids. But the opposite actually occurred.

We got up early and heard from Daddy via email. Made breakfast burritos, yummy! And then headed out for the day! Play dates with friends, shopping, and a few spontaneous snow ball fights allowed for a spectacular day!

Tonight I was able to get the kids in childcare for a couple hours and go out with the girls. A couple of us decided it would be a lot nicer to take our husbands with us! So we did!

Last week while attending a support group I heard the phrase, "Emotionally connected, Independently strong". I am starting to really grasp the independently strong concept. I feared it for the longest time. Doesn't being independent mean I don't need him? Absolutely not! I still feel M2's presence even though he is not here! I still feel emotionally connected to him - which is VERY important. Being independent while he is gone doesn't mean you don't need him, in my case it means that I love him enough, feel connected to him enough, that I can pull myself together and function fine without his physical presence. I still have him here emotionally. He still whispers gently in my ear when I need a reminder. I can feel his smile when I do something silly (like bust it on the snow)! I am just choosing to allow that to be enough for my contentment! For now!

I miss him like CRAZY!


2 comments:

  1. I wish we could "like" this post, cause I would :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving the pop up version of M2. It made me laugh out loud. Hang in there sister.

    ReplyDelete