Friday, April 29, 2011

Day 103 - When you can't do it all!

My biggest weakness in life has always been asking or accepting help. I like to be able to do everything and take care of everyone. I have been doing that since I was 7 years old and it is a HARD habit to break!

This morning with news that M2 was not progressing as hoped I realized I seriously could not do this by myself. I am already shuffling 2 kids with me everywhere and doing about a million things! I can't predict how the next 2 weeks will be but at this point I know that I can not clear this post and move us and keep this house together and take care of M2 and take care of 3 children and a dog by myself. So I am going to accept some help and let the 2 little ones go take a "vacation" to the 'sippi for the next 2 weeks. That relieves a HUGE load off my shoulders and lets me just be able to concentrate on M2 and moving. E will stay to finish school but she is at the age where she is more a help than a hindrance when it comes to getting things done. Not that my precious other 2 are hindrances - but one hangs on my leg all day and the other one gets stepped on every time I turn around so that isn't conducive to moving :)! I am sure they will be fine and have a great vacation! I am forever grateful that I married a man with an outstanding family that have always been very supportive and I am SO grateful for his aunt and uncle who have offered this help!

I have a TREMENDOUS amount of help offered here as well and I have never been more grateful to live in a military community where I have more "family" than in real life. I am and will be forever grateful to you all and I finally said yes and have accepted help from several of those wonderful people.

I feel at peace tonight and I feel better than I have in 3 days about this situation. I am looking on the positive for tomorrow and I am so hopeful that M2 will be home soon and recover fully!




No comments:

Post a Comment