Saturday, April 9, 2011

Day 83 - Rest!

Today I rested! I haven't rested like this in months. My children were supportive today and allowed me to spend a lot of alone time in my room. I slept on and off, skyped with M2, caught a few episodes of Army Wives, Facebooked like CRAZY, cried a lot, laughed a little, and slept some more :)! It was great! Even right now as I type this I have 3 little ones in my kitchen trying to wash the dishes! I love when my children are like this. (Of course they are trying to pay me back for making them a flatbread pizza out of scratch - sauce and all!)

I have been waiting for this day for a long time! M2 will definitely be returning home soon and we will definitely be moving in a month. I can't seem to wrap my head around all the changes my life is about to take so suddenly. I was completely ready for this 12 month deployment and I know we would have made it through. I am excited for the change though and also a little reluctant. I have mixed feelings today. Whereas I want M2 home more than anything, I also feel burdened with leaving my friends behind as they continue to face this year. Especially after these last few weeks. Yet, I know that these are some of the strongest women I will ever have the pleasure to know and they will do great. I love them all.

So, today starts a new countdown. I am hoping to not have to see a day 90!


No comments:

Post a Comment