Sunday, April 10, 2011

Day 84 - WHAT??

As of today, M2 could be home anywhere from 48 hours to 14 days. At the thought of 48 hours I start to completely FREAK out! I was NOT prepared for that.

I thought I had more time! The house is a WRECK! I am a WRECK!! The kids are all WRECKS!!! The best thing would be to just relax and be honest up front with him on what to expect.

So here it goes ...

1. You said you were leaving for a year so I might have moved all your clothes out of the closet so I had more space for all the ones I bought with deployment pay ... I fully intended to move them all back from the basement but time ran out :(.

2. That new car you rode in once. The one you said "absolutely NO food in"! Well - I fully intended on vacuuming out all the crumbs before you got back.

3. If you walk in and wonder if I am getting ready for a clothes drive in our living room the answer is no - that's 3 months of unfolded clothes.

4. The grass I swore I'd cut if you just got me a fence - well I planned on borrowing the neighbors lawnmower once but they were out of town. Sure they are in town now and have been for the last 3 weeks but I just never got around to it.

5. While we talk about the high grass - I should warn you that while YOU cut it be careful because I am sure that I only picked up dog poop once in the middle of February. I think it was on day 30 something so that would be about 60 something piles you are going to want to avoid.

6. I might have just forgotten to call transportation. But look on the bright side - we can always do a DITY move! Think of the money we will make :)!

7. Apparently recycling doesn't take itself out. I promise the treadmill is still there - under it all!

8. I know you are starving and I meant to go to the market this Saturday but sleep sounded so much better! But the lack of food in the house just means we get to go to the Mayan Cafe! (If it's closed how does PB&J's sound? We've been living off of them!)

9. I thought I had plenty of time to take the kids down to the Skidmore's and have their fingernails cut. I know they look scary and when they hug you it hurts. But believe it or not you get use to it.

10. And FINALLY, do not be alarmed - yes that old lady with no make-up on is your wife! That $60 bottle I bought 2 weeks ago I accidently left at a rest stop somewhere in GA. I do NOT have the time to go get some more! So - this is me babe!

Ok - now that all of this is out in the open I can go relax and watch season 4 of Army Wives ... ah hem .... I mean fold laundry.

4 comments:

  1. Number 1 and 9 are my absolute favorite! You better keep blogging when he gets home because you are great at it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This totally cracked me up!! Thanks for the smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. if only i could make an emergency run up to ky with my clippers....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post. :) I had to put Joel's clothes back in his drawer when I found out he was coming so soon. I'm reclaiming the space on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete