Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Day 157 - Missing the girl!


So - first off - my dear friends are almost to the half way point of their deployment. Some have already reached that point and many have had the chance to see their husbands for R&R and most are about to get that chance soon! I am excited for them. Also, if you are praying for them - please continue. I have heard this is a sobering week for them as they have lost another soldier, brother, friend. They are all in my heart!

Secondly, CAMP!!!!

I was pretty much a nerd in high school. Let's face it. I was one of those kids that went to summer school in HS just to get ahead the next year. I remember my sophomore summer I took Junior English just because I could. Then my Junior year I was devastated that I missed out on taking English with all my friends. My Junior summer I decided to take a break from "getting ahead" and work at the summer camp up the hill from my boarding school. It was AWESOME! I met some of my truest friends to this day there at that camp and I ended up working there for 3 summers. One of the most amazing people I got to know was this handsome red head named Matt. I already knew Matt through my best friend and I didn't much care for him. But it was at summer camp that I REALLY got to know him! I thought he was amazing and still do to this day. My last summer he did not work and that was also the summer we got married. I remember always having conversations about what it was going to be like when we sent our own kid to camp one day. Like that time would EVER roll around.

Well it has! And she is there! And I miss her SOOO much! My mind is constantly on what she is doing every moment of the day. I keep thinking about that camper that I had one year in Apache that cried EVERY night. We never called her mom. What if my baby is crying every night? Would they call me? What if she is cold? I check the temp in that city on weather.com every 15 or so minutes and I think about right now at a cool 76 she is holding her arms and in need of a long sleeve that her mom NEGLECTED to provide. And it's raining, well it's stopped for a bit according to the site, but it will start back up and she is going to be camping out in the rain tonight! Once I saw a pack of coyotes in those woods. I lied to my cabin and told them they were Roscoe, the camp dog's, puppies. What if they aren't harmless?!?!

The one thing I do KNOW though is that when she comes home she will have just experienced the best week of her life. She will be asking me for months "How many more days till next summer?". And she will be completely in love with 2 counselors and want to tell me everything about them. How nice they were and how loved she felt. She will come back with a better understanding of Jesus' love for her. Because if there is one thing I KNOW - it's that those people working there at that camp are some of the most loving people in the world. I am so grateful she gets to experience this week. And a little jealous!

And ready to go get her on Saturday morning!


My little Shawnee!

No comments:

Post a Comment