Saturday, August 20, 2011

Leaving the "closed door" behind.

I am giving up.

I obviously have not done a great job at keeping up with this thing since leaving my life behind.

There lies the problem .... I have felt like I have "left my life behind". I have sat here day after day thinking about my life as if it is somewhere else.
Not here.

After a long, and I mean looonnngg, week of tears being shed over something that will never be again I am choosing to move on. Even if right now I do not like that my life is here - this is where it is and I need to chose to make the best of what is now. Therefore, I am ending this segment of my blog.

A very bright woman once said, "When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us". That was Helen Keller.

It's so very true here. I have looked back so intently on the happiness I had at Knox that I have almost failed to realize that M2 is here! And that he won't be here forever. He will leave again - so NOW is the time to soak him up. For our family to soak up unity.

This post will officially end this chapter of my life. My husband is home. I will still ache for those who are not and my thoughts will ever be with my friends who are pressing on towards that 365 day mark.

Here's the light at the end of the tunnel!
I am STILL going to blog! I am going to express the joys and woes of my "now". I have missed it. And there have been so many times I have wanted to blog about something that just happened and then had an overwhelming guilt that it was not related to my dear life with the 2-2. So - guilt behind me - I am moving on. I am sure Knox and it's WONDERFUL ladies will still make it into my blog plenty! I am actually going back in a few weeks to run a Rugged Maniac race with them!

Thanks to those that, through reading this, prayed for our family during those months that we were apart, we FELT every one. Thank you to those that continue to pray for those that are not home yet. And more than anything - Thank you to all those that made my life at the 2-2 almost unbearable to leave behind.

So not really giving up - but more like going on ...

2 comments:

  1. Amen! This is exactly what being an Army Wife is all about! We do want to keep hearing about your NOW, with the hubby home! These moments are far more precious than time with friends, enjoy them both at different times, as they are both valuable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing. I feel the loss of future changes so much. I'm already morning my last summer with my wonderful S.A. friends. I'm mourning losing the Pacific ocean and whatever friends we make there after we move there in 2012 and then leave it in 2013. I'm mourning the deployment scheduled for 2014. There is so much loss in the past and in the future that it's hard to shake it all off and be here where I am today.

    ReplyDelete