Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Day 149 - When life is boring.

There was a point around 4 months ago where all I wanted was for life's busy schedule to give me a break. My days were always filled with either gym, children's activities/play dates/FRG events/coffee's/bible studies/time with friends ... I would always be rushing home to either make it in time to put a kid on the bus or get kids off the bus. By the end of those days I was exhausted. All I wanted was a slower pace.

Now I know that is the most RIDICULOUS thing in the world to want!

My body is still stuck on that schedule. The one where waking up any later than 6am meant the whole day was going to be off. Having to have the kids dressed and fed and one on a bus by 7:20. Needing to rush through daily cleaning between appointments because otherwise it would not get done in the hecticness of the day. Stuck on that schedule.

Here's the problem. I get up early. Drink my coffee. See my husband off to work. Eat breakfast. Feed and clothe my children. Do the dishes. Clean the kitchen. Dust. Vacuum. Sweep. Mop. Take out recycling and trash. Do ALL the laundry even folding and putting away. While I am doing all of this the kids are playing hard outside and then coming in and watching cartoons to cool off. By the end of this daily routine - it's ONLY 10am. Some mornings I will then take the kids to the pool for a few hours. But then it's only noon. We are all left doing everything we could possibly want to do or get done in a day by noon and we are bored.

So here I am wanting that schedule that I so dreaded because at the end of the day it left me fulfilled and content. M2 is telling me all the time to find joy wherever you are in life. I see the problem with not doing that. You will always be wanting some other point in life to be your "now".

So - here's to finding the joy in this s l o w paced life.

No comments:

Post a Comment