Monday, June 13, 2011

Day 148 - Army Wives

First off - I want to make something clear. I was not an Army Wives fan before this past deployment. I actually could not stand the show. I made that judgement based off a 30 minute segment I watched which, in my opinion, was not reality. When M2 left though I started watching it from the beginning, thanks to Netflix. I am still quite aways away from catching up to the current seasons shows but I am making progress.

I would still say that a lot of the story lines in the show are not based in reality but there is something that would draw me back to the show. A friend of mine hit the nail on the head. The emotions. We can all, as Army Wives, identify with the emotions of the show. I would sit and watch and CRY as I felt what they were feeling. There was not a single episode that I watched in which I didn't cry at some point.

The crying wasn't really that big of a deal seeing that there was also not many songs I could listen to that wouldn't have me pulled over on the side of the road in tears. When M2 came home ALL of those emotions vanished. I don't think I would even be able to force myself to cry to a sad song at this point. This is a good thing! I assumed watching Army Wives would prove to be the same.

I was wrong.

Last night I watched the episode where they are running in a challenge race against the marine wives. The one where Pamela and Roxy get stuck with Denise's HORRIBLE sisters and Denise tells her sisters, mid race, that her army friends had been more of sisters to her than them. (If you watch you know what I am talking about - those that don't, sorry!) I was watching this on my kitchen TV as I cooked and I just started crying. The emotions were so strong, yet different.

Before I was mourning the absence of my husband. Now I find myself mourning the absence of my "sisters". I don't even have phone reception where I can call them and talk about things. I went from being so busy I could hardly think to having NOTHING to do most of my day and the change is proving challenging. Isn't change always challenging?! Or is that just me?

The good news in just over a week I will get to spend some time with one of my Knox friends! This is the benefit of living so close to the beach - people have to vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment