Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Day 142 - Updates!

So here is my official update blog!

We are now fully settled into our new house, at the new post, in the middle of nowhere! It's officially the hottest place on earth. Seriously. I miss KY.

It took us a little over 15 days to actually get here and get our stuff moved in. We took some time in Mississippi to get readjusted as a family. It was great. We camped a lot and stayed in places throughout MS that mostly had little to no reception for our cells and no computer access. This was the perfect plan since it gave us a chance to be a family - undistracted.

I pouted for the first few days after we arrived on Rucker. It is not Knox and surprisingly enough - my friends were not here. My neighbors were not the same ones I had a month ago! My CSA was not operating here and my local meat farmer didn't come along either. And lastly, my wonderful gym and trainer were also missing. Who would have thought it?! So, in my true style - I acted like a baby and whined and complained and whined some more but then I got it together!

I found a local, organic CSA - joined them right away, I am eating some wonderful squash spaghetti right now! I met my neighbors and they are actually pretty cool. I purchased an entire lamb from a local farmer and it is hanging right now preparing to be processed and will feed our family for the whole time we are here! And lastly, I searched for a gym to no avail but then decided to jump in and try a Crossfit club (I'm dying right now because of that choice!). So, I feel like I have jumped in with both feet and am now refusing to sit around for 6 months pouting over leaving Knox.

As far as an update on M2. He is doing MUCH better. He is driving now and actually jogged tonight! His class started this week and I think he is feeling better. There are still times that I think he feels the same way I do and longs to be back on Andar with the guys that were his support. Don't get me wrong. Both of us our overwhelmingly joyful that we are back as a family again. We are so thankful for this opportunity. Just sometimes we can both become overwhelmed with the suddenness of it and what we left behind.

Which brings me to my next point! Many of you may be confused as to why I am still counting days on my blog. Well there are actually 2 reasons. 1. I HAVE to blog. I spend most of my days speaking to 3 midgets that don't understand adult. At the end of the day I need someone to just let all my adultness out on. M2 is NOT that person. This outlet is perfect! 2. More importantly, I still feel intricately linked to this deployment. My "family" is still going through it. I will still be joyful with them and grieve with them. Some of the best friends I have ever had are struggling right now and so my goal remains the same - to make others aware of what goes on in families lives during a 365 day deployment. 2-2 is still my family. My heart will be with them until that last plane unloads.

Some of you may find it offensive that I continue to count days that I no longer have to face alone. Or that I still occasionally blog about a unit that I am no longer part of. All I have to say is that those that I love already understand and that is all that matters to me.

As for all you Knox girls - I miss you all!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment