Thursday, October 13, 2011

"It's not funny"


My youngest came into this world and completely stole my heart and unfortunately she knows it. She is the one that would rather lay in bed an extra 15 minutes in the morning if it means she can snuggle with me. She's the one that randomly runs up to me and throws her arms around me or showers me with kisses. She sneaks up to me each morning during breakfast and patiently waits for me to share with her. She doesn't really have to ask, those huge eyes behind her glasses pleading up at me is all it takes! Since the day she was born she has been able to make herself content wherever she is and because of that I hardly ever have to discipline her. If the answer is no she will be the first to accept that and move on. I honestly don't know what our family would be like without her!

All of that to say she would probably float through life fine, charming those she needs to charm along the way if it weren't for One.Little.Thing. That child is the MOST sarcastic individual alive. Sarcastic and honest. So - mostly sarcastically honest. Not good combinations. If you are sarcastic in a joking manner - that can fly. If you are just brutally honest in a sincere way - that might work too. BUT - if you are honest with sarcasm dripping from your lips - well that doesn't always fare well!

Folding laundry together, I pulled out her character shirt from the movie Tangled. It was all twisted up so I remarked to her, hey look this is "tangled". I chuckled at my play on words. She looked up at me and said, "I know you think that is funny because the shirt is a Tangled shirt and it's tangled up, but it's not funny, sooo give me my shirt." All I could do was hand over the shirt in shock while trying to remind myself 4 year olds should not be able to hurt my feelings! I don't think for a second she is trying to be disrespectful.

That is just how she is ... so I am praying extra hard for her husband now!

No comments:

Post a Comment